Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Small Voice

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’”   Matthew 25:40



Two years ago, I felt as though the Lord was leading me into full time missions.  However, as a 13 ½ year old, I had no idea what that meant or what it would look like. But, God is faithful, and He has been preparing me in ways I did not even realize. 

During the past 2 years, I have had the privilege of going on several mission trips with my youth group to places including Washington DC, the inner city of Baltimore, Maryland and my home town of Albany, Georgia. On each of these trips, I was able to minister to little children and I feel as though God was instilling in me a love for children.








It is this same God given love for children that led my family to begin fostering children in need.  On June 21, 2011, God placed the most beautiful 4-week old baby boy, not only into our home, but deep into our hearts. Over the course of 10 months, I grew to love everything about him. I became interested in his Guatemalan culture and his language. My mom and I began Spanish classes with Mrs. Joiner, a lady at our church, so that we could speak Spanish to him. I was really enjoying it!


After 2 short months however, our foster baby was reunited with his biological family. I didn't want to let him go!  I wanted to continue helping him and his family. It was then that I realized that there was a community of Hispanic people right down the road in Moultrie who needed help and that God was calling me to meet the need. Lord willing, this summer, myself and a small group of others will be traveling to Moultrie once a week to minister to these people by playing with their children, doing crafts, riding horses, providing lunch, and, most importantly, sharing the Gospel through Bible stories. As with most ministry opportunities, it will require lots and lots of prayer.

    
I would to sincerely ask that you support my team and I in this way. Please commit your family to praying with us in the time leading up to and for the duration of our time in Moultrie. Pray that we will get out of the way and let God do His work through us! Pray for the people of Moultrie; that they will be receptive to the message of the gospel! God is faithful and I am excitedly anticipating a great summer in Moultrie. Thank you ahead of time for your support! God bless!


Until the whole world hears,


Tori



3 comments:

  1. A) Of COURSE I will be praying for you and those working with and I will do everything in my power to support you in whatever way you need me to.

    B) That is probably some of the best writing you've ever done. Proud of you little sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A) Thank you. I really appreciate it.

      B) Thanks. Mom helped :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete